- An integral new role to support our growing team.
- An opportunity to expand your HR skills in this autonomous but supported role.
- Be a part of the important work we do in preventing family violence in the Aboriginal community.
- Salary packaging available.
Established over 15 years ago, the Aboriginal Family Violence Prevention and Legal Service Victoria is entering into an exciting period of growth. We’re looking for an experienced HR professional to support our growing team and drive HR initiatives. Be a part of the important work we do to provide culturally safe and holistic assistance to the Aboriginal victims/survivors of family violence and sexual assault, and work with families and communities to reduce violence.
Supporting a team of 50+ in this new full time role you will be responsible for establishing sound HR practices that align with our new strategic direction. This will be a busy role and one where you will get exposure to, and have impact, across all areas of our organisation. In addition to setting up and overseeing an effective HR function, you will also be able to play a role in driving initiatives that will maintain our strong team culture.
- Provide advice and day-to-day support to managers, including general HR policy, performance management and grievances alongside the Corporate Services Manager
- Oversee end-to-end recruitment, working closely with managers to draft and post ads, screen candidates and assist with interviews as well as guiding and coaching managers throughout the process.
- Provide a great experience for new team members when welcoming them into the organisation, as well as preparing employment contracts, letters of offer and induction packs.
- Share all learning opportunities with the team by establishing a structured training calendar.
- Coordinate the implementation of HR and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Provide the organisation with information to ensure compliance and people management practices are executed in line with relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, professional standards and guidelines.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a generalist HR background, with experience providing sound HR advice and driving HR initiatives.
- Is people-focused and can establish and maintain good relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- Loves solving problems and using creative solutions.
- Is a great communicator and can clearly and effectively convey messages in person and in writing.
- Can manage their focus across multiple priorities and is able to work both independently and collaboratively to get things done.
- Has a proven ability to coach and empower others.
- Conveniently located a few hundred metres from the Eastern Fwy entrance and Victoria Park train station and nearby some great cafes and restaurants.
- Access to a monthly RDO (Rostered Day Off), Christmas leave, cultural leave, paid maternity leave and annual leave loading.
- A range of activities throughout the year run by our Wellbeing Committee including twice-weekly community garden sessions, yoga, meditation, boxing, massage, lunchtime documentary screenings and our popular Speakers Circle sessions where we find out about the team’s passions.
- An opportunity to participate in our community engagement activities, including our longstanding Sister’s Day Out wellbeing workshop.
- Cultural awareness training and ongoing support provided by our dedicated full-time Cultural Advisor.
- Salary packaging available.
If you’d like to know more about the role or about the work we do, call Jaynaya Williams, Corporate Services Manager or Nick Toonen, General Manager on (03) 9244 3333.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.