Established over 15 years ago, the Aboriginal Family Violence Prevention and Legal Centre Victoria is entering into an exciting period of growth. Be a part of the important work we do to provide culturally safe and holistic assistance to the Aboriginal victims/survivors of family violence and sexual assault, and work with families and communities to reduce violence.
We’re looking for a friendly face to join our Abbotsford team to look after our reception. As the first point of contact for visitors and clients, you’ll make sure their experience is a good one; taking phone calls and emails, greeting visitors as well as keeping the administrative and office support activities ticking over.
- Meet and greet all visitors to the office.
- Respond to phone calls and emails.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing mail and parcels.
- Coordinate meeting room bookings and room set-up as required.
- Assist with meetings and events, including catering.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has previously worked in a receptionist or public-facing role.
- Is a great communicator and able to connect with a diverse group of people, in person and in writing.
- Has experience working with Aboriginal people and communities.
- Can think on their feet, demonstrating maturity, flexibility and empathy when dealing with people.
- Can respond to issues with discretion.
- Is reliable, friendly and likes working in a team.
Can work without direction and enjoys and is good at keeping things organised.
- Conveniently located a few hundred metres from the Eastern Freeway entrance and Victoria Park train station and nearby some great cafes and restaurants.
- An opportunity to participate in our community engagement activities.
- Cultural awareness training and ongoing support provided by our dedicated full-time cultural advisor.
- Access to a monthly RDO (Rostered Day Off), Christmas leave, cultural leave, paid maternity leave and annual leave loading.
- A range of activities throughout the year run by our Wellbeing Committee including twice-weekly community garden sessions, yoga, meditation, boxing, massage, lunchtime documentary screenings and our popular Speakers Circle sessions where we find out about the team’s passions.
- Salary packaging available.
If you’d like to know more about the role or about the work we do, call Jaynaya Williams, Corporate Services Manager on 9244 3333.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women are strongly encouraged to apply.